Instagram @serenetang

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Betrothal gift exchange

Betrothal Gift Exchange
Guo Da Li, 过大礼
Betrothal Gift Exchange is the day where the groom (with his matchmaker/or friends) delivers the betrothal gifts to the bride’s family.  With the receiving and exchange of gifts, it means that the family is always keeping in touch (i.e. 有来有往)

Because of this one day, had a hard time during the preparations. The coordinating of both parent's requested items was really a big headache ...
I helped out bb with the packing of the items weeks before the day and it was relieving to see him doing the preparations hahah
the box/basket comprises of pork leg cans, mandarin oranges, phoenix candle and traditional biscuits







Betrothal gift exchange day!!
I went back home for sleep over as it was supposed to be and i was exploring/packing my room that night and come to realize i went crazy over ''énergy'' during sec sch times that i wrote down their names on my bed frame hahah

woke up early on the day (stressing over the items) lol
bb came over with dasao & sis




everything went on smoothly over the lunch and prepared individual cakes to give out to relatives.
First half of the day was filled with happiness & emotional feelings from my relatives
i tear easily and they just had to make me cry with them when they mentioned about my mum.............
but i know they all cared for me:)
My man of the day (did the driving,carrying the stuffs the whole day with a smiley face)

After distributing the cakes to some of my relatives, we went for wine tasting

it was a long long day..
we then went to Ben's place to see their editing of the ''save the date "video till almost 3am..





shall post the video in the next post

No comments: